|| the-scottish-villages.co.uk |||| st. boswells scotland ||
St. Boswells Scotland
|| HOME | LOCATION | HISTORY | FACILITIES | CONTACT ||
Information on the village of St. Boswells in Scotland.
Back to: St Boswells Organisations
St Boswells Primary School
ST BOSWELLS PRIMARY SCHOOL
St Boswells Primary School is a non denominational school catering for boys and girls from Primary One to Primary Seven. The school occupies a level site on an area of one acre on the south side of St Boswells Green. The school serves the children of the village and surrounding area, including the neighbouring village of Maxton. The school enjoys the benefit of being situated in a rural area steeped in story and tradition.
A hard surface area to the front of the building serves as a play area and car park. To the rear is a large playing field.
Brief History of the School
The present one storey building was built in 1957. In 1975, a semi open plan unit and general purpose room were added to accommodate the infant classes. With the increase in roll, this "activity room" now serves as a classroom. The kitchen was built on at the same time.
The School Today – December 2003
The current roll is 110.
The Headteacher (joint with Newtown) is Margaret Nailen. She is supported by 4 full-time teaching staff, and 1 part time. In addition, Learning Support, Curriculum Support (Music and PE) and Music Instructors all visit the school to give of their expertise at various times during the year.
The School Chaplain is the Minister of the Parish Church.
There is a Parents and Friends Partnership (PFP).
The published Prospectus for the school contains all that anyone needs to know about the school, its philosophy, its curriculum, procedures and practice.
Parents of prospective pupils should contact:
St Boswells Primary School, Scotland