|| the-scottish-villages.co.uk |||| st. boswells scotland ||
St. Boswells Scotland
|| HOME | LOCATION | HISTORY | FACILITIES | CONTACT ||
Information on the village of St. Boswells in Scotland.
Back to: St Boswells News and Calendar
Minutes of Meeting of 25th October 2018
St Boswells’ Community Council.
1. J Pollock welcomed everyone to the meeting and advised what to do in the event of fire.
2. Attending: J Pollock, C Strang, M Barrie, A Marks, W Burns, G Tweddle, A Drummond, S Pollock. Cllrs. S Scott, S Hamilton. 6 members of the public.
3. Apologies: W Taylor, A Patterson, A Frank, R Parker..
4. Police Report: Pc Entwistle is now one of the community officers covering Galashiels. No replacement has yet been appointed so he will remain our point of contact for any issues .
b) Use of generic email address for secretary’s post. It was agreed to go ahead with this. G Tweddle to investigate implementation
c) Christmas Lights. It was agreed to replace all 185 bulbs with coloured Led ones. G Tweddle doing costings. A Drummond to contact Scott Ruthven.
d) War Memorial Website: Now up and running with information of all names from WW1. Plaque to be attached to railings by the memorial.
e) Summary of C.C. Network meeting at SBC Headquarters on Wed.17th October. J Pollock, G Tweddle & C Strang attended. The meeting discussed engagement with SBC and having a presence and influence on decisions affecting our communities. The CC have not yet received minutes of this meeting. St B CC will continue to support and attend meetings.
f) Pathways: Upgrade of path south of the rugby/football pitches completed - Thanks to M Douglas ( Tech Services, SBC) Update on Woodland drive – contact has been made with Tennis Club re. contribution to costs – awaiting reply. Pathway into middle wood - work has been completed by Borders Pathways team (SBC) extending and improving one of the paths leading to the pond. Thanks to S Gray ( SBC Pathways) for securing that work on our behalf. Concerns raised about contamination to pond and burn, SEPA have taken water samples. J Pollock will contact them for clarification.
g) St B. C.C. Facebook page. Now up and running. G Tweddle to arrange dates/venue for meeting to discuss format/parameters.
i) Car Boot Sales. Reflected on this year’s car boot sales. Agreed on 12 for 2019. Changes to Code of Practice for organisations to include:
J) C Strang has taken over post of Secretary. Council members to ensure he has their details and email addresses.
g) Any Matters outstanding.
6) SBC Councillors report. Damaged sign on A68 – S Hamilton will report.
7) Correspondence: Scams – see police report.
8) Treasurers Report: A Marks. Balance - £4,108.15. Income -nil, Expenditure - £30.
9)Planning – nothing outstanding.
10) Any Other Business:
Date of next meeting: Thursday 29th November @ 7.30 in the Lesser Village Hall.
Minutes of Meeting of 25th October 2018, Scotland