| the-scottish-villages.co.uk | | st. boswells scotland |

St. Boswells Scotland

  |   HOME   |   LOCATION   |   HISTORY   |   FACILITIES   |   CONTACT   |  

Information on the village of St. Boswells in Scotland.

Back to: St Boswells News and Calendar


St Boswells Community Council Minutes of Meeting on Thursday 28th June 2018

St Boswells’ Community Council
Minutes of Meeting of Thursday 28th June 2018
Lesser Village Hall @7.30pm

J Pollock advised what to do in the event of fire.

Attending: J. Pollock, A. Frank, C. Strang, S. Pollock, A. Patterson, A. Marks, M. Barrie, Cllr. S. Hamilton and one member of the public.
Apologies: W. Taylor, W. Burns, G. Tweddle, A. Drummond, Cll.r S. Scott, Pc. Entwhistle.

Minutes of last meeting: Proposed – A Marks. Seconded – A Patterson.

Police Report: Police report not available at time of meeting.

Matters Arising.
a) War Memorial: No further updates available at time of meeting.
b) Village Redevelopment Update: On 6.6.18. representatives from CC, Councillors and two local business owners met with Colin Banks (Locality Development Officer) to discuss concerns about lack of parking and problems with the bus station. C Banks said there was no low cost solution. CC await the minutes of this meeting with bullet points covering main areas and next steps.
c) Community Woodland/Pathways: Draft lease from Buccleuch Estates, A Patterson to look at options with contacts who may be able to clarify and refine content. Landfill application – Initial request has been put on back burner till October as they have been inundated with applications.
d) Gypsy Fair: Fair dates for this year: Friday 13th July till Thursday 19th July. 2018
J. Pollock & A. Frank to “meet and greet” on Friday 13th.
e) SBCC Car Boot Sale 1st July 2018: Discussion re. entrance to Green and number of volunteers needed to man the event. A Frank shared his plans for parking and said 3-4 people were needed for this. Each volunteer given a time slot. C Strang voiced concerns - Need to refresh guidelines ie. Leaving a space near houses.
f) Garden Competition: “As seen from the road”. To take place last week in July. Milestone Garden and Leisure have again agreed to supply judges.
g) Co-op Ralph Parker to CC. Proposed by S Pollock, and seconded by A Frank. It was agreed R Parker become a co-opted member.
h) Woodland Committee: A Patterson will organise a meeting of the Woodland sub committee. Money raised from last car boot sale plus Tesco grant to be used by committee as start up fund.
i) Christmas Lights: upgrade of lights/bulbs. J Pollock will contact A Drummond and G Tweddle so we can move forward with this.
j) Any Matters Outstanding: A Frank has spoken with Colin Sandilands (SBC) re signs in Orchard park after being contacted by a member of the public who felt there were too many. He affirmed that all signs were necessary. A Frank shared draft letter to SBC re new lighting at bus stop for discussion. A Patterson raised the need for a cycle path along A68 between NSB and ST. Cllr Hamilton said, although no plans at present, this could be looked at in the future.

6. Councillors Report:
Cllr S Hamilton reported: The issue of public toilets had been discussed at full council meeting. Various options were outlined – and it was agreed to explore the viability of handing over maintenance to private enterprise. C Strang voiced disappointment there was no plan to remove charges.
Council have agreed a reduction in seasonal planting – there will be no winter planting this year.
Council have received plan for retirement housing complex (60 homes) for Melrose.
Council to invest £300,000 in Harestanes.

7) Correspondence: A Frank intimated he had no correspondence.

8) Treasurers Report: A Marks.
Balance from 31.5.18 £3090.70
Income: (From car boot sales) £608.00
Monies carried forward £3698.70.
NB. Minus £250.00 Road on the Green Maintenance fund, and £ 1,603 which is ring fenced for Community Woodland projects. Leaving a balance of £1,845.

9) Planning: No planning issues.

10) Any Other Business: Member of the public asked for update re new houses on site of garages at Springfield – ( Eildon Housing.) Cllr Hamilton will look for clarification.

Date of next Meeting: 7.30pm on Thursday 30th August 2018 in Lesser Village Hall, St Boswells.

St Boswells Community Council Minutes of Meeting on Thursday 28th June 2018, Scotland