Minutes of the Meeting of St Boswells Community Council of 26th April 2018
St Boswells’ Community Council.
Minutes of Meeting Held on 26th April 2018.
Lesser Village Hall @7.30pm.
1. J Pollock (Chair) advised the meeting of what to do in the event of fire.
2. Attending: M. Barrie, W. Burns, A. Frank, A. Marks, A. Patterson, J. Pollock, S. Pollock, C. Strang, W Taylor, G Tweddle. Cllr S Scott, Cllr S Hamilton. and three members of the public.
Apologies: PC. J Entwhistle ( Community Beat Officer).
3. Minutes of Last Meeting held on 29th March 2018. Proposed – A Marks, Seconded – S Pollock.
J. Pollock welcomed the new members to the Council.
4. Police Report - see report sheet.
5. Matters Arising:
a) War Memorial: J Pollock thanked D Oliver and A Drummond for work already carried out on Memorial research website. Letters to residents of older properties and posters have been displayed to determine ownership of land between Greenside Park and Springfield Terr. If no response by 1st May 2018 CC will be able to claim ownership. CC needs long term lease on land before applying for funding.
b) New LED Lighting - SBC have commenced work replacing light fittings.
c) d) Road to Tennis Courts/ Village Pathways.
• £1000 grant from Tesco to be put towards upgrading drive way to tennis courts and woodland paths.
• M. Barrie confirmed Tennis Club has responsibility for drive way and would also contribute to costs.
• J Pollock has met with Mark Douglas (SBC) and Kevin Farrell (CPS) re upgrading work.
• Buccleuch Estates have agreed to look out title deeds to give village right of access. (necessary for future funding applications).
e) Proposal to co-op A Drummond to Community Council. Proposal adopted.
Proposed – A Marks, Seconded S Pollock.
f). Annual Village Spring Clean. Saturday 7th April 2018. Plus an additional three sessions over the following week, 26 volunteers collected over 38 black bin bags of rubbish. J Pollock thanked R Parker who organised the event and co-ordinated the volunteers’ efforts.
6. SBC Councillors’ Report. Cllrs. S. Scott and S. Hamilton.
• Three new forms of funding from Scottish Government announced. (Scot Enterprise, Borderlands, City Deals).
• SBC has fund to deal with potholes, members of the public should report potholes to them
• Debate re charging for use of public toilets, deferred to next SBC meeting.
• Community Action Team, 6 police officers now in place.
7. Correspondence. Not available at meeting
9. Treasurer’s Report: see sheets.
8. Planning: No issues brought to meeting.
• A couple have been granted use of part of the Croft on 26th May for short wedding reception.
• CC Car Boot Sale – 27th May 2018. CC volunteers required to help with manning,
• G Tweddle confirmed Village Week will be going ahead this year.
• A member of the public thanked everyone on the CC for all their hard work.
Next meeting will be held on31st May 2018 at 7.30 in the Lesser Hall.