St Boswells Village Hall Management Committee Open Meeting Minutes
St Boswells Village Hall
Management Committee Open Meeting Minutes
Tuesday 6th December 2016 at 7.00pm, Lesser Hall
Present: Kate Warner (Chair), Keith Farnish (Secretary), Sarah Hope (Toddlers), Shenagh Ellershaw, Cliff Ellershaw, John Pollock (Community Council), Mark Douglas (guest), Ruth Drane, Lauren Purves, Audrey Rae (Badminton), Amanda Richard (Zumba), Bill Muir
Kate welcomed all attendees.
2. Apologies Jennifer White (Treasurer), Carol Ball, Cllr. Jim Brown, Sandra Thomas, Denise Brebner
3. Approval of Minutes & Matters Arising
Shenagh Ellershaw approved the minutes from the September meeting.
As per previous meeting, cupboard has been cleared out for Amanda Richard.
The Bridge newsletter
Community Council email re. use of notice boards.
5. Treasurers Report No report available
Last meeting showed (1/11/16):
Current Account : £4234.42
No 2 Account : £29348.57
P/Cash : £2.54
6. Hall Maintenance Update
Pauline has been obtaining quotations from decorators to redecorate the lobby and various other areas. Two companies have been in.
Kevin Holland will be installing coat hooks in toilets and back corridor.
Hunters have fixed the socket.
Ruthven Alarms have been contacted re. Christmas light timer and non-working bulbs.
7. Hall Constitution
Andy Drane (Solicitor) has reviewed the Deed of Trust and agrees it is outdated. He will provide some time at no charge.
Mark Douglas suggested contacting Heather Batch, The Bridge, Jedburgh, to provide a model – Mark has offered.
This is an ongoing process, being managed by Kate.
Community Council currently does not have a notice board. Agreed to temporarily let CC use double notice board. KF provided a key.
1) Current sessions will be changed to a Thursday, with proviso that some events may overlap, e.g. elections;
2) Notice of meeting very short – KW apologised, although all open meetings are published following AGM;
3) Issue with glass on floor following a party, discussed at previous committee meeting;
4) Use of refreshments by others – KW suggested a large box be used rather than a drawer;
5) Storage of equipment was discussed.
Amanda Richard: When storage re-jigged, some draught-proofing would be good. KF will chase up Roy Barrie.
1) Coronation lighting at the end of the hall, one corner light is out. These are fed from street lighting system. Mark has contacted SBC about this and potential risk from rusty brackets;
2) Parking area on Main Street has uncertain ownership, but parking is proving dangerous to pedestrians and sometimes drivers; Community Council will be discussing this. A discussion took place.
John Pollock: Ownership of telephone box. Mark said it is a listed structure, still owned by BT.
Date of Next Meeting:
Open Meeting : Tuesday 7th March, 2017 (Now moved to new date - 14th March)
Committee Meeting : TBA