| the-scottish-villages.co.uk | | st. boswells scotland |

St. Boswells Scotland

  |   HOME   |   LOCATION   |   HISTORY   |   FACILITIES   |   CONTACT   |  

Information on the village of St. Boswells in Scotland.

Back to: St Boswells News and Calendar


Village Week Committee Meeting Minutes May 2015

Village Week Committee Meeting Minutes


Meeting Information

Date: 5/5/15 Starting time 19:30 Ending time: 21:15
Location: Lesser Hall, St Boswells Village Hall

Agenda:
Welcome
Apologies
Approval of previous meeting minutes
Matters arising
Treasurer’s report
Update on status of events in 2015 programme
AOB
Set date for next meeting

Attendees
Name Role

Suzan Bell Chairperson
Elaine Reid Secretary
Judith Folan Treasurer
Cat Cameron PFP
Fran Martin Football Club
Ali Collins NPT
Burnett Wilson PSC
Isobel Brown PSC
Sylvia Grundy Tennis Club

Apologies: Imogen Payne, Sheila Moir, Liz Todd, Hazel Scott, Keith Farnish, Kate Warner

Summary: 2015 Village Week Programme – 3rd Meeting

Introduction/Apologies
Introduction completed & Apologies recorded.

Previous Minutes & Matters Arising
The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted and approved.

Treasurer’s Report
JF advised that SBC have approved funding of £2750 per annum for the next three years. Activity Proposal forms have been distributed to all relevant Village Groups. Some completed forms have yet to be returned.

Update on Status of Events in 2015 Programme

Day 1 (30th May):
• The Coffee Morning will be hosted in the Village Hall by the PSC this year.
• Family Tennis Fun Day & BBQ and St Boswells Live will continue this year.

Day 2 (31st May):
• Car boot sale will continue this year.
• Proposed family football/rugby event is to be dropped as no group or individual has been secured to take responsibility for the running of the event.

Day 3 (1st June):
• Children’s entertainment event will go ahead again this year with lunch bags being provided again. Jango Starr will once again be providing the entertainment.
• Golf fun day and BBQ will continue this year.

Day 4 (2nd June):
• This year’s evening guided walk will be the Dere Street walk. Shared transport from the village to the walk start point (and back to the village) will need to be coordinated on the evening of the walk.

Day 5 (3rd June):
• Car Treasure Hunt will continue this year with a ‘soup supper’ being provided after the event in the village hall.

Day 6 (4th June):
• Afternoon Tea in the Church Hall is continuing this year.
• Beat the Retreat will continue this year starting at 6pm.
• Boswells Got Talent is to be reinstated this year. As in the past, the event will be managed by the Village Hall (KW) with the PSC assisting with its running on the night. There will be no entry fee for performers. Audience entry charges on the night will be £3 for adults/£2 for concessions. CC is finalising the selection of the compere and the judges, the preferred voting method, and the prizes to be awarded to winning acts.

Day 7 (5th June):
• Lunch Club in the Church Hall is continuing again this year.
• Family Football event will be organised by the Football Club. The event will start at 6pm. BBQ food and tuck shop will be available at the event. Brian Smith will be coordinating the event.

Day 8 (6th June):
• Pet Show will continue but will start at 11am this year – SB to check if the various trophies have been returned by last year’s winners. The Cake and Candy Stall will be operated by the NPT again this year.
• The monthly Coffee Morning in Church Hall is confirmed to be taking place on this date.
• Climb on Board a Fire Engine will also be repeated. Start time will be 11am..
• Fancy Dress Parade & Results will continue this year but will move to Saturday afternoon at 3pm and 3.45pm respectively. This year’s theme is ‘Something Sweet’. Both the parade and results will take place on the Green, with the Village Hall being booked for contingency use in case of poor weather. CC is coordinating the selection of the judges.
• There has been a last minute request to provide a family disco from 4pm-6pm in the village hall after the Fancy Dress event. Attendees would bring their own food and drink. SB will make enquiries to see if something can be arranged which requires minimal organisation and setup.

Day 9 (7th June):
• Church Service will continue, starting at 10.45am instead of 10.30am. The Village Concert Band will play at the Church Service from 10.45am to 11.45am. It is believed that Alan McDonald may be in possession of the cross required for the service.
• Traditional Potted Sports will continue.
• The Village Race is continuing however it will be coordinated by the Village Week Committee rather than the PFP owing to concerns about public liability issues. The PFP will still assist with general admin for the race, including the raffle, podium setup and medals presentations. SB has submitted a Special Events Proposal Form to SBC to arrange suitable Public Liability Insurance. The Village Concert Band will play at the medals ceremony.
• BBQ & Game of Rounders will continue. Doug Folan will coordinate activities on the day.

AOB

Key Tasks and Dates:

Bunting– KW to ask Pete Warner (and others – Colin Bell?) to assist with putting up the bunting on the Green on 23rd May 2015. Other offers of help with this task will also be gratefully received.

BGT - All performers must complete a BGT Performer Details form – the forms will be distributed to all children at the primary school after the Easter Break. Rehearsals will take place on Friday 29th May 2015 starting at 12.30pm. KW and SC (Sarah Clark) are jointly managing the various arrangements for the event.

Village Concert Band – JF to confirm costs with Linda Ross

Village Race – JF is still waiting for police approval for the race.

Daily Blackboard – AC will arrange for someone from the NPT to update the blackboard each morning with details of the day’s events. JF to check with KW re the whereabouts of the blackboard.

Press publicity – ER will forward a copy of the final version of the events poster for publication in the Border Telegraph and the Southern Reporter. ER will also send a mid event update, and a list of the various event/activity winners to the Southern Reporter for publication.

Local publicity – Copies of the events poster will be distributed to key locations around the village as soon as the final outstanding details have been finalised. A small supply of A5-sized flyers will also be available at these locations in addition to a supply being provided to the school for distribution. SB will enquire as to whether or not SBC could be approached to assist with photocopying in order to keep the costs down.

Marquee - JF has secured use of two large gazebos from MRFC, and a marquee has been booked from Caddonfoot for collection on 5th June 2015.

Banners - have been updated and are now on display

Raffle tickets - will be available to purchase in all village shops and stores.

St Boswells Village Facebook page – Keith Farnish will update the Facebook page throughout Village Week as and when required.

Replacement Committee Members required – ER and JF will both be standing down as Secretary and Treasurer respectively at the 2015 AGM. Volunteers are being sought to take over these roles.

Set date for next meeting
There will be no further meetings before this year’s Village Week

Village Week Committee Meeting Minutes May 2015, Scotland